Address: Cape Verde Street, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Review: Home Town Addis Hotel – FIVE STAR HOSPITALITY - I initially only booked 3 nights because of the mixed reviews, but my 3 night stay turned into an 11 night stay because Kerubel and the entire staff was so kind accommodating. My late night check-in was easy. The next morning when I went down to get some introductory information for Addis Kerubel showed extreme hospitality and was very personable. He offered me breakfast even though I had missed breakfast by about 30 minutes. He also gave me good information on where to get my SIM card and how to stay safe around the city.
I was in one of the larger rooms. I had a comfortable work desk, two chairs and a small table. The wardrobe had plenty shelves to unpack and the room also had a refrigerator. The hot water was consistent and the water pressure in the shower was strong. I had several meals at the hotel because I was mostly in my room working and the food was consistently really good and very reasonably priced.
Things to note:
1. If you need airport transfer on arrival make sure you speak to someone and confirm. I booked last minute so I didn’t have a lot of time to arrange the shuttle pick up. On the 6th I called and didn’t get an answer so I sent a message thru Expedia about needing shuttle pickup at 12:15am on the 8th. When I landed and called I was told the shuttle had to be pre-arranged and that they didn’t have anybody to pick me up. I took a taxi because I read in another review that the ride should have been 150-200 Birr. I was over charged 400 Birr so be sure to confirm taxi rates before you ride.
2. There is no lift but there was someone available to carry my luggage to my 3rd floor room when I arrived and to bring my luggage down for my departure.
3. If you are sensitive to noise there is the constant running of machinery at the shop next door from about 9am – 5pm. I am sensitive to noise but it wasn’t that bad if I had the window closed.
4. There is no air conditioning or heat, but I didn’t find this to be a problem. During the day the temps were about 75 degrees and the room stayed comfortable. At night the temps dipped to the 50’s but the bedding was plenty to keep me warm.
5. The power outages that people speak of in other reviews are city wide so you will experience this no matter what hotel you stay at. They didn’t last too long.
Video’s & Pictures